Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Few Practical Concerns

My computer’s power supply fried itself. It was nice and dramatic – there were sparks and smoke. It’s in the shop and I don’t yet know if I still have that D&D-style movie script that I started last April.

So today’s lesson is create back-ups.  Back things up on disk, or on servers, or network them to other computers. The hard drive is not enough.

More of a practical lesson, I admit, than my usual ruminations. But clearly one worth mentioning. Something I did regularly when I was working, but obviously I got complacent at home.

On another practical note, it looks like I will be returning to the  daily grind of regular employment. This may impact the scheduling of my blog posts, but I promise to work something out.

As with the hard drive, we’ll know more next week.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment